It is amazing, that when we see an expectant mother, the strangest and most unintentionally impolite things come out of our mouths. Some of the quotes below came from John Daly, President of The Key Class:
– Was it planned?
– Do you want it?
– How long have you been married?
– How did he react when you told him you were pregnant?
– Were your in-laws pleased?
– You’re awfully skinny for someone so far along.
– How much weight did your doctor say it was okay to gain?
– Are you sure you’re not having twins?
– You still haven’t had that baby?
– Will you breastfeed?
– It’s going to be a long, hot summer for you. You don’t know what you’re in for.
– Don’t worry. Your face will be the first thing that slims down after the baby.
– Are you coming back to work? Really? I bet you won’t.
– It takes a long time to stop feeling guilty when you come back to the office.
– I could never be a stay-at-home mom.
– Overpopulation is a real global problem, so we want to adopt.
– I don’t care how pregnant you are, I insist you still be a bridesmaid at my wedding.
– What sex is it?
– White jeans? That’s bold.
– I hope you’re not going to have that baby here! (Usually said in elevators.)
– That’s nothing. When I was pregnant…
And of course the most embarrassing, when people ask how far along you are, and you just happened to put on a lot of weight quickly. Woops!
Upcoming Business of Manners Workshops
International Business Etiquette
When it comes to winning and keeping business, it is the little things that count. Do not compromise your chances of success by making etiquette mistakes that could easily be avoided. Learn the secrets to projecting a powerful image.
Join me for a one-day workshop that will have you feeling poised, polished and ready for any situation. $295 including luncheon with wine; $140 for
post-secondary students. Classes are capped at just 3 participants to ensure an intimate learning experience.
Friday, October 26, 2012
9:00am – 4:30pm
100 Dowling Avenue, Toronto
Call 416-971-9754 or send e-mail to email@example.com
Kidiquette, the signature children’s etiquette classes, offer basic manners and social skills to children ages 7-12 years. From thank-you notes to party manners, children are taught polite conduct and behaviour. Each class includes specialized instruction, and a certificate of completion. $55 for first-time students. $45 for second-time students.
Date and place to be announced
Ongoing Children’s seminar at the Donalda Club – Saturday mornings; the Boulevard Club – Sunday afternoons; and the Phoenix Montessori School – Monday afternoons
Advance reservations are required. For more information or to register, call
416-971-9754 or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Give your young adult the gift of social poise and grace. The teenage years can be so awkward ? but a Business of Manners youth workshop can provide them with the confidence they need to shine. They will learn in a fun, supportive atmosphere, and come away with a new and better understanding of fine social behaviour. Each class includes specialized instruction, a three-course feast, including soup, salad and entr?e, and a certificate of completion at the end of the afternoon. $140. For more information or to register, call 416-971-9754 or send e-mail to email@example.com
Saturday, October 27, 2012
9:00am ? 3:30pm
The Boulevard Club
1491 Lakeshore Road West, Toronto
Meals & Manners – Host a Group in your home.
For more information or to reserve a date, please call 416-971-9754 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ask about private coaching.